The CIPRES Science Gateway is the premiere online resource for Phylogenetics, Systematics, and Evolutionary Biology. Our mission is to let you focus on discovery, and not on learning how to run an HPC cluster effciently. CIPRES provides up-to-date codes in a well-supported reliable production environment. Since 2010, we have run 2.5 million jobs for more than 50,000 users, enabling more than 12,000 peer reviewed publications.
Who we are:
We are experienced PhD scientists dedicated to serving scientists. Our goal is to help you reach your goal. We know what it’s like to do research. We will go the extra mile for you.
What we do:
CIPRES provides things that you can’t get from another public server anywhere:
- Important tools: BEAST and BEAST2 codes (with all add-ons); also Migrate-N, Ima3, PhyobayesMPI, and many more.
- Indefinite free storage of up to 150 GB for any active account.
- Robust and resumable file transfers up to 8 GB.
- Personalized runs: if our interface can’t give you the run you need, we will change the interface so you can do it, or run it for you here.
- We don’t limit the size of your dataset like other sites.
- We don’t kill your runs without notification like other sites.
- We don’t host abandonware: 24 hours M-F response time (and usually much faster!)
- We will automatically run your job as fast as possible while maintaining reasonable efficiency.
- We will automatically run your job on GPUs if it will speed up the run.
- We won’t charge you for data transfers or storage.
- We will add a tool for you if our infrastructure can support it.
- We will partner with you to help you reach your goals.
- We will always be a not-for-profit entity with the mission of serving scientists.
- We will always welcome (and be grateful for) user feedback and suggestions.
- Mark Miller, PI, management, tool interface development, and customer service
- Wayne Pfeiffer, Co-PI, new code integration and benchmarking of parallel codes on high performance clusters.
- Mark Zhuang, Senior Engineer, development and maintenance of the web application
Development of the CIPRES Science Gateway was supported by NIH award 5R01GM126463-01. Development of the RESTful API was supported by NSF DBI-1262628. Day to day operations are supported by NSF DBI-1759844. Computational resources provided by CIPRES are made possible by an award from NSF's ACCESS project. We are grateful for their support.